We have a new DynDNS Community site!
Check out www.dyndnscommunity.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : Services : MailHop Outbound

Post subject: iphone setup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:52 am 

I've set up the iphone with mailhop outbound but cannot get it to work. Tried SSL on/off, port 2525.586,10025 none of which work. At this point it says "Cannot send mail" "check the account settings for the outgoing server "outbound.mailhop.org"".

Help!

Scott

Post subject: Re: iphone setup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:04 pm 
DynDNS.com Staff

We got it working just fine with an iPhone here in the office. Take a look at the knowledgebase article on our page and see if that helps:

http://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/iphone ... email.html

Dynamic Network Services, Inc.
http://www.dyndns.com/

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:32 pm 

I've tried all that. To no avail. Tried all the server ports listed, tried SSL on/off, and checked the password.

Anyone have luck with these instructions? Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Scott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:41 pm 
DynDNS.com Staff

It just plain worked here, and we made the instructions from that. Can you try telnetting to those ports at outbound.mailhop.org from your iPhone?

Dynamic Network Services, Inc.
http://www.dyndns.com/

Profile WWW 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am 

I'm also having problems with the service from my iPhone. It was working now I just noticed that it can't send. Keeps saying "Check the account settings for "outbound.mailhop.org". Put the same settings in on my desktop and it works fine. The whole reason I got this service was to use it with my iPhone and now it's not working. Anyone else have this problem and a solution?

Jim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 pm 

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I've got the same issue here. It just plain won't work. Just spent $20 to try and get an SMTP server working for my Mom's iPad while she is in China. Tested it on my iPhone here in the USA and no dice. Works fine in thunderbird though. I'm not on my wireless network so I can't dump the traffic from the iPhone to further diagnose it.

Was there ever a resolution to this problem? The mail application is just severely unhappy and keeps "Checking Mail" "Sending" "Downloading" ... aka thrashing. Tried deleting and re-adding the account. Removed all other SMTP servers, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:51 pm 
DynDNS.com Prolific Poster

If the settings here don't work then it may be that your phone provider blocks access to off-network SMTP servers. Did you try one of the alternative ports?

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:39 am 

I installed Ubuntu 10.04 on a Dell PE 1850. Then I installed all of the pre-reqs for Zimbra. Then I installed Zimbra itself. Now, before I have microsft exchange set up in production, I was using dyn as a MTU or mailhop and it worked great. I know there has too be a way to do this in zimbra. I have read the article Outgoing SMTP Authentication and attempted to do all of the steps. But when i attempted to execute "echo mailrelay.example.com username: password > /opt/zimbra/conf/relay_password
" i get an access denied error. I am trying this logged into zimbra. I managed to complete this by exiting the zimbra acct and creating the file using vi command.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:33 am 
DynDNS.com Prolific Poster

It doesn't look like your problem is related to Dyn Standard SMTP, but to Zimbra. Therefore I would like to recommend posting your problem in a Zimbra related forum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : Services : MailHop Outbound