We have a new DynDNS Community site!
Check out www.dyndnscommunity.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index : Services : Dynamic DNS

Post subject: setting IP Camera with ADSL router + Wifi Router
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:03 pm 

I want to setup my Genius IPSecurecam300 with ADSL Allied Telesis 236 and connect with Linksys WRT54GL
My ADSL address is 192.168.1.1 and my router is 192.168.1.2 with DHCP enabled with address 192.168.100.x
What is the right way to setup?
Which DMZ should enabled, ADSL Allied Telesis or wifi router Linksys, or both?
which setting DDNS should be enabled, at the wifi router or at the IPCam inside or both?

I've tried to setup,Until now everytime I access dyndns address e.g.myaddress.dyndns.org, it always goes to ADSL login page. So I need to convert to my router which is already available. For example, I access 192.168.1.2 it is already goes to my IPCam, so I need the address like myadress.dyndns.org goes to 192.168.1.2 (my router) or my IP camera address like 192.168.100.x (x is address of my IP cam inside the Wifi Router)

I appreciate the support and answer....
Thank you very much.

Post subject: Re: setting IP Camera with ADSL router + Wifi Router
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:19 pm 
DynDNS.com Prolific Poster

rudykawi wrote:
I want to setup my Genius IPSecurecam300 with ADSL Allied Telesis 236 and connect with Linksys WRT54GL
My ADSL address is 192.168.1.1 and my router is 192.168.1.2 with DHCP enabled with address 192.168.100.x
Is this how it is connected?
Cam - Linksys - Allied Telesis - Internet
If not, how else?
rudykawi wrote:
Which DMZ should enabled, ADSL Allied Telesis or wifi router Linksys, or both?
What is meant by "enabled", for what?
rudykawi wrote:
which setting DDNS should be enabled, at the wifi router or at the IPCam inside or both?
The one which allows to reach your cam from outside. Or do you think about the update process? Any device would do, but it must be exactly one updater.
rudykawi wrote:
I've tried to setup,Until now everytime I access dyndns address e.g.myaddress.dyndns.org, it always goes to ADSL login page.
This is a security risk and should not happen. A port (probably 80) has been opened by mistake. Get it closed.
rudykawi wrote:
So I need to convert to my router which is already available. For example, I access 192.168.1.2 it is already goes to my IPCam, so I need the address like myadress.dyndns.org goes to 192.168.1.2 (my router)
Yes, this sounds reasonable and should be possible.
rudykawi wrote:
...or my IP camera address like 192.168.100.x (x is address of my IP cam inside the Wifi Router)
That address is strange. How does your subnet mask look like then? Possibly 255.255.0.0? Whatever, one of the routers must forward the related ports to the camera's IP address. It turns out to be router configuration.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:50 am 

yes the connection is:
ADSL Modem Allied Telesis AR236(RJ45), the address is 192.168.1.1===Wifi ROuter Linksys(RJ45) the address is 192.168.1.2 given from ADSL, and the adress internal enable DHCP (192.158.100.1), and for wifi clients is 192.168.100.10x===IPCam Genius Securecam300 the address is 192.168.100.104, given from Wifi router.

The ADSL I just enable the port forwarding (which is I am not sure) and choose DMZ menu I enable it, it point it 192.168.1.2 , I also choose menu CUSTOM PORT FORWARDING, create rule aplication "ipcam", I enter address source IP mask is 192.168.1.1 and the destination IP mask is 192.168.1.2 with TCP and UDP protocol choosen and port start, end and port map i input 80.

The Wifi ROuter Linksys WRL54GL menu, I choose menu DDNS, and I enabl my login and password at ddns.org. The status is ddns updated successfully. Then I select application and gaming, I choose port renge forwarding, and I create name application "ipcam" enter the port range start 0 and end 80, also "ipcam2" start 0 and end 81, BOTH , the ip adresss is 192.169.100.104 which is goes to my ipcamera address given from wifi router.
And then I select DMZ menu, I enable and I choose 192.168.100.104.

At the IPCAMERA, I just enable the DDNS menu and input my login and password.

Yesterday I tested that everytime i go to my address ddns, my address.dyndns.org, it goes to menu of my ADSL router. But if I go to 192.168.1.2 which is should to go to wifi router, it is already point to my ip camera.

I believe I many do many things wrong in setting up the ipcamera with dns...which setting is wrong, and I should close immediately?
How the right structure for setting this correctly?

Thanks very much for the reply , Sir.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:18 am 

If I understand correctly, you should forward port 80/TCP from the ADSL router to the WiFi router and then from the WiFi router to the IP camera.

To test that this is working first connect a PC between the ADSL router and the WiFI router and try to browse to the WiFi router's WAN address (192.168.1.2). If that connects you to the camera then that part works.

Next connect from outside your network to the DynDNS hostname. What does that connect you to?

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:38 am 

@rudykawi

Do not mix up the two duties:
1. Set up DDNS updates to keep your DynDNS hostname in sync with your IP address.
2. Forward the traffic from the internet to your camera.

1. DDNS updates
Set this up only on one place, not two. The Linksys router is preferred for this, not the camera. If you set it up on two places, your DynDNS hostname may be blocked due to too many (abusive) updates.

2. Port forwarding
According to the camera manual, is the camera to be reached via port 80? Then you should not forward a port range 0-80, but just port 80. To be honest, it is not clear to me how your gateway works to go from the 192.168.1.* subnet to the 192.168.100.* subnet and vice versa. To overcome this is the main challenge. This apparenty is a functionality of your Linksys router. I had to look deeper into the documentation to get a clue. I may come back later if nobody else has an idea.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:36 am 

@Mr. CryHavoc,
About internet connection I use dyndns program updater so it is update the IP address (which is sometimes changed =?=) so the dyndns got exact IP address of my ADSL. And the problem how to forward automatically from ADSL to wifi router, I just confused. Also if I have 2 cameras difficult to think and implement...but that problem is later...:( 1 camera first makes me dizzy.

@Mr RotBlitz
I guess the second question, forwarding internet to camera. I just think to set up my wifi router with address 192.168.100.x to secure the class from the same subnet with the ADSL. So do you think I should enable the DHCP of my wifi router to 192.168.1.x, as the same with the number of ADSL modem (192.168.1.1) ? is it the correct?
Do you think I have to DISABLE all DMZ both ADSL modem and Wifi router?

Now I have got strange new case while I am away...I am connecting to public wifi network for internet and now accessing my http://myaddress.dydns.org it goes to the (i guess) local adsl modem,...??? so the dyndns updater is not saved to my ip number at home?

Again...thanks you Sir (both) for informing and answering my rookie question.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:04 am 

rudykawi wrote:
I guess the second question, forwarding internet to camera. I just think to set up my wifi router with address 192.168.100.x to secure the class from the same subnet with the ADSL.
That's a good idea, and it seems to work, assumed you have more devices connected this way, e.g. a computer connected to the Linksys router,
rudykawi wrote:
So do you think I should enable the DHCP of my wifi router to 192.168.1.x, as the same with the number of ADSL modem (192.168.1.1) ? is it the correct? Do you think I have to DISABLE all DMZ both ADSL modem and Wifi router?
Not really, as long as you can get it to work this way.
rudykawi wrote:
Now I have got strange new case while I am away...I am connecting to public wifi network for internet and now accessing my http://myaddress.dydns.org it goes to the (i guess) local adsl modem,...??? so the dyndns updater is not saved to my ip number at home?
No, your IP address was updated correctly, else you would not have been able to reach your network at all.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:07 am 

That result suggests (as mentioned in the sticky) that your modem can't forward traffic on the port used for administration. Try using a different port, either for the administration interface if that can be changed, or for the camera.

Is the following correct:

Internet ---- ADSL (192.168.1.1) --- (192.168.1.2) WiFi (192.168.100.1) -- Camera (192.168.100.104)

If so, you'd forward 80/TCP from the ADSL router to 192.168.1.2. On the WiFi router you'd forward 80/TCP to 192.168.100.104.

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index : Services : Dynamic DNS