We have a new DynDNS Community site!
Check out www.dyndnscommunity.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : Services : Dynamic DNS

Post subject: PROBLEM OF RENEW IP ON AVTECH DVR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:09 pm 

Hi,
i have a problem with DDNS :I have an Avtech dvr that is configured since by 1 year into a network that have a dynamic ip assigned by Alice ISP.
So,now the service was down and the ip doesn't renew and i cannot contact the host at the port 2000 using an external pc.(wan)
I have configured the dvr in this mode: the ddns dvr module has the correct information of authentication account and the name of the host,i have done the port forwarding correct into my router,i have add correct dns of my ISP into my dvr but the ip doesn't renew.My ISP doesn't block the port 2000.So i have no a idea what is succeded ,please help me!!
I create a new account and i have changed the information into the dvr but the ip doesn't renew.
The router doesn't have the DDNS CLIENT because the DDNS CLIENT IS JUST INTO THE DVR because the dvr is standalone and is an embedded dvr so work like a computer.

Post subject: Re: PROBLEM OF RENEW IP ON AVTECH DVR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 pm 

i have done a log into the dvr :
and there is a lot of message of FAULT DDNS UPDATER..SO, THE PROBLEM IS IN ddns or in the isp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:44 pm 
DynDNS.com Prolific Poster

Putting "AVtech" into the search box finds a number of threads. Have you read those?

Note that you have to enter your DynDNS username, password and hostname into the DynDNS setup box of the AVTech DVR. Have you done that?

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:58 pm 

Yessss i have done this setup....i have already written this, in my first message...Thanks bye

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm 

i have already search the arguments by avtech and these problems but i haven't find the solution so i have decided to post my help message

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:02 am 

Then you need to check to see if there is an updated firmware for your device. If there isn't then you'll need to use one of the software update clients, on a computer that's always on, or any client built into your router.

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 pm 

ah ok thanks for your reply,but i need to use the client of my dvr because the pc are often switch off and i must have the connection to the dvr of avtech always.
So i search a new firmware on scorpiontheater.thank enough for the reply

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:09 pm 

If the firmware update doesn't work, and your account details were correctly entered (username, not email address) then you'll have to replace your router with one that works with DynDNS.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 pm 

yes,i have thought to doing this type of settings but i don't have now a router that have DDNS into...so i'll try to set A NEW FIRMWARE INTO THE DVR...thanls enough

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index : Services : Dynamic DNS