We have a new DynDNS Community site!
Check out www.dyndnscommunity.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

Board index : Update Clients : Router Update Clients

Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Linksys WRT54G
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:49 am 

I am using Linksys WRT54G v7 (v7.00.6, Mar. 7, 2007) router and it is always on. Only power off occasionally. Use DynDNS.org for DDNS for past 1 year, it can update the internet ip address. Today, I cannot remote login to my computer. I check my router DDNS status is "Name resolver fail, DDNS update fail!". I check my DynDNS account, the ip address is not updated. The ip address is different from the actual ip address.
Please advise it there any auto force update ip address from this router or any workaround from the router to auto update the ip address on dyndns without power off and on the router and adsl modem.
Thanks, KS

Post subject: Re: Linksys WRT54G
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:03 pm 
DynDNS.com Prolific Poster

The error about the resolver failing suggests a problem with the ISP's DNS servers. If there's nothing in the manual I'd suggest you'll have to reboot the router.

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:35 pm 

Thanks for your swift reply. Besides reboot the router, when will the router update the ip address on DynDNS.org, like software "DynDNS Updater".
Thanks in advance for any suggestions, KS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:00 pm 

Can I use router updates together with Windows Updates concurrently to update on DynDNS.org?
Thanks in advance for any reply and advice, KS

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:46 am 

No, only use one update client.

Do not PM me to draw my attention to a thread. Post in the forum and be patient.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:52 am 

Thanks for your advice. KS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 am 

Not that this has anything to do with DynDNS ;)

You'll only get a nominal 108 Mb/s connection if you use a compatible wireless adapter in the laptop. Even then you'd never get anything like 108 Mb/s since that's the raw bandwidth of the protocol, not the bandwidth available for networking. In reality you'd get closer to 60 Mb/s, with compatible adapters.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:07 pm 

Hello Guys!
I'm Dominik
I am spending a lot of time on hosting my website on my pc home server.
I can not get it to work from outside, from inside the router windows shows up.
I have Linksys Router WRTU54G-TM, and Comcast ISP - which is a bitch, because they did not let me get static ip, even additional IP, even additional account. So I have Dyndns Updater, for now I have a free domain name just for testing, if I will get it to work, I am going to buy a couple of dyndns domainnames, for my dream websites. I forwarded the ports listed below. Do I need to do the triggering port stuff? DNZ is enabled. DHCP is enabled. Firewalled is disabled in the router. dyndns.org is set up in the router, because it's got the option for it.

If I don't have static ip, and I have Comcast should I set my TCP/IP in Local area connections to static or what or I should leave to obtain automatically?

Looks like that dyndns is working properly. Is there any way I can check if it works properly?

I am using appache 2.0 as a server. I added there ports; 80, 8080, 443, even 21, 22, 23, 25. The IP is the same as my ISP's. The domain name is dominiczek.mine.nu - again just for testing for the start.
In the host file in my windows my ip is set up to the same as my ISP and domain name.

I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
I forwarded the ports in Windows Firewall.
I have windows Defender
I have Kasperky Antivirus, free one - which is the best - I totally recomend it.

If I forgot something to provide, just aske me questions. Sorry for too much questions, but I am sure that my experience will help somebody in the future.
I hope you can help me out here, I really need these website to work.
DynDns guys help me out please!
Guys Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:30 am 

Dominiczek, there's a sticky at the top of the Dynamic DNS forum, I'd suggest you read that. After that, if you have any specific questions please start a fresh thread.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:46 pm 

Dute relax with your sticky notes, Are you trying to tell me that I posted it in the wrong fourm place?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ] 

Board index : Update Clients : Router Update Clients

Go to page 1, 2  Next